General dentistry services available at Heritage Dental
Advanced general dentistry is a field of dental work focused on the health and function of the smile. From dental exams to tooth replacement, Dr. Beth Skovron and her team can assist with restoring the smile using a selection of hand-picked services designed to fit a patient’s unique dental needs.
What are some common general dentistry services available at Heritage Dental?
Dr. Skovron is proud to offer the following treatments for new and current patients at her progressive dental practice in Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania:
- Dental Exams. Dental exams are important to identify any potential issues that may arise, even if you are not experiencing any pain or discomfort. During your appointment, Dr. Skovron performs a comprehensive exam of your teeth and gums, checking for cavities, gum disease, and other potential problems.
- Dental Cleanings. Regular cleanings effectively remove plaque and tartar buildup from the surface of the teeth and gums to maintain strong oral health. These cleanings play a critical role in preventive care and should be taken seriously by all patients.
- Dental X-Rays. X-rays allow our team to see what is going on beneath the surface where we cannot see with our naked eyes, such as bone loss or areas of decay. They help identify issues that might need to be addressed early–before they have a chance to worsen.
- Dental Fillings. Dental fillings are best used to repair teeth damaged due to cavities, trauma, or wear and tear. We offer both tooth-colored composite resin fillings as they are the most attractive and are biocompatible with the human body.
- Dental Crowns and Bridges. Crowns and bridges are restorative treatments that restore the appearance of missing, damaged, or decayed teeth to maintain optimal oral health and function. These solutions involve placing a custom-made crown above the affected tooth/teeth to protect them from further damage or using a bridge to replace one or more teeth in a row within the dental arch. We use metal free dentistry.
Where can I learn more about general dentistry services?
Dr. Beth Skovron of Heritage Dental in Montgomeryville, PA, is pleased to offer a wide range of individual patient services in her spa-like dental practice. If you live in the community and want to learn more, call (215) 792-2227 to request an appointment at her office at 595 Bethlehem Pike, Suite #302. She serves patients in the surrounding communities of Horsham, Lansdale, Doylestown, Chalfont, North Wales, Hatfield, and Warrington, PA.
Fact or myth? Expensive toothpastes are always better than cheaper ones. Myth. Different toothpastes are better for different teeth in situations. Sometimes moderately priced toothpaste can be more effective. Ask the dentist about what might be best for your teeth. And always look for the ADA seal of approval. Fact or myth? If a tooth is white, it must be healthy. Myth. Under the surface there may be cavities, problems with the root or other abnormalities. Fact or Myth? Teeth whitening is harmful because it damages enamel. Myth. There are many modern teeth whitening processes that have minimal harmful effects. Teeth whitening isn’t for every mouth or person though. Consult the dentist before you proceed with whitening treatments. Fact or myth? Dentists should be feared. Myth. With today’s advancements in technology and safety practices there is nothing to worry about. Procedures are as quick and painless as ever. Fact or myth? You should visit your dentists at least twice a year. FACT.